Handoffs by Otter is a best-in-class order handoff solution that lets you manage orders throughout their entire lifecycle from preparation to ready for pickup to handoff.
Optimally manage customer and courier front-of-house traffic to eliminate chaos.
Reduce order issues and mistakes, ensuring the right order is given to the right person every time.
Increase customer and courier satisfaction and protect your food quality by efficiently passing off delivery orders.
The key features include:
- Smart Check-In Flow: Provide couriers and pickup customers with order status information and notify the kitchen upon arrival. The check-in process can be done via a QR code or a tablet located in the premises.
- QR Code Check-In Configuration: Contactless check-in allows for couriers to check-in for their orders while avoiding the shared Check-in tablet. By scanning a facility-specific QR code, couriers can alert facility staff of their presence, know when they may expect their order to be ready, and receive order notifications (US-only).
- Pickup Feed: Provide order status information and alert couriers & customers when their order is ready through our customer-facing display.
- Processing Feed: The Processing Feed displays all orders that are scanned in to a handoff bin (Cubby, Locker, rack, etc.), as well as the courier status, order location, and time spent in handoff.
How does it work?
Smart Check-In Flow
Smart Check-in (SCI) is a new way for guests to pick up their order simply by showing their phone screen to a check-in tablet. Using the front-facing camera and optical character recognition (OCR) on the tablet, Smart Check-in quickly and accurately finds orders and allows for more drivers/customers to locate their order or see their order status.
QR Code Check-In Configuration
Visit the specific location’s page within the Facilities UI
Select the Check-In tab from the navigation bar
Click Download QR Code
Print QR code and display in courier pick-up area
- The pickup feed is installed in a visible area outside your restaurant.
- Orders marked as “ready for pickup” in Otter’s Order Manager (by clicking on the bell icon) are displayed on the screen.
- Once ready, the courier or customer grabs the order at the handoff point defined by the restaurant.
- Once the order has been marked as “handed off” to the courier/customer in Otter Order Manager (by clicking on the bag icon), it disappears from the pickup feed.
The Processing Feed displays all orders that are scanned in to a handoff bin (Cubby, Locker, rack, etc.), as well as the courier status, order location, and time spent in handoff.
Processing Feed Image Legend:
Order Ready notification when Courier checks in or Courier Arriving Signal received from OFO
Order Issue Notification for long order wait
Timer indicating total time order has been in the Processing Center
Short Display Name for stores
For orders with a different fulfillment provider than the ordering source, you’ll see a second icon indicating as such:
Processing Feed Configuration
Visit the specific facility’s page within the Facilities UI
Select the Feeds tab from the navigation bar
- Alert Thresholds: Set the threshold for total time an order waits in the Processing Center before an alert is triggered on the Feed.
- Order Identifiers: Set the order detail fields that will be displayed in the Processing Feed that will be most useful for processing orders.
- Alert Sounds: Set which events should trigger an audio alert and the type of audio to be played with each alert (chime, warning tone, voice)
Frequently Asked Question
- How do I access the Processing Feed?
- The Processing Feed is available in the Feeds dropdown, which can be accessed in the upper left of the top navigation bar of any facility feed.