- User Instructions
This guide explains how you can input manual orders to your Order Manager. The Manual Orders feature allows your restaurant to create a record of every order fulfilled, including ones that customers call in for or submit through other non-integrated avenues (Phone Calls, Text Messages, etc.). Having a record of every order allows restaurant ownership and staff to get a full picture of sales across channels, helping you make the best decisions for your business.
For these orders, you and your staff will need to manually input the order details, allowing you to keep track of all your operations.
Adding Manual Orders to the Order Manager
- To create a manual order, tap the “+” icon in the top right corner.
- If your store has a menu set up inside Otter, select the menu items the customer ordered, as well as any additional customizations. If you don’t have a menu set up, reach out to our support team in the live chat to learn more. You can still create manual orders without a menu.
- Once you’ve added the menu items, select the fulfillment method (customer pickup or delivery), and tap “Add order details.”
- Select the order channel, then create an order ID. If you don’t see the order channel you’re looking for, send a message to us via the chat.
- If desired, tap “Add Customer Details” to add details like customer name, phone number, email address, and payment method.
- When finished, tap “Create Order” to add the order to Otter. The order will print the associated ticket with the details added, and the order details will be added to the Business Manager.
Adding a New Manual Order Channel
- To add new non-integrated channels (phone, social media, messaging apps etc), please reach out to our Support team through the Order Manager chat box for assistance.
Troubleshooting Why a Manual Order Channel is not Accepting Orders
- If you're having trouble inputting manual orders on any non-integrated channel, or you cannot see the channel you want on the available options, please reach out to our Support team through the Order Manager chat box for further assistance.
If you need additional help or information, you can contact us via the following:
- Chat - Our live agents are available 24/7 to help you through your Otter tablet’s support button.
- Telephone - Call us anytime at 1-704-396-8837 for prompt service from our support experts.
- Email - Fill out this form and our support team will respond via email within 24 hours.